Thursday, April 24, 2008

How to Shop for Rings... Again

So when I was shopping for my FW's engagement ring, I really wanted to find a conflict-free diamond. As important as our marriage is, I didn't want to fund any wars or genocides with my purchase. Fortunately, conflict-free diamonds have become "cool" now (I love that being socially and environmentally conscious is now popular. It makes me feel a little cooler and much more of a conformist than I would like to admit). Anyway, there are many jewelers that now offer quality conflict-free diamonds at very affordable prices.

Well, it is time for us to purchase wedding bands. Neither of us want anything fancy, and I was always under the impression that most wedding bands were pretty simple, that the only major choice was what kind of metal to get. I was very wrong about this. There are some pretty ornate designs for both men and women. Many of them also contain a variety of stones. Probably the most interesting type we have come across are wooden rings although Lord of the Ring replica rings are a close second (I wonder if you can get it engraved... One ring to rule them all...). I think it is great that there is truly something out there for everyone. The Internet really has just about anything you can imagine, and it connects us in such interesting ways.

Anyway, I am getting my FW's ring from a site called Brilliant Earth. They sell conflict-free jewelry, and most of it is made out of recycled metals as well (because green and peaceful makes it twice as cool). We have decided to engrave each others' rings, so now the only question is what I should put on hers. I have a pretty good idea what it will be, but I haven't had a new poll on here in a while, so I figured I would see which option you guys like best.

Here are the options:
A) One ring to rule them all.
B) I <3 U 4EVR
C) Property of (insert FW's name here)
D) You complete me.

(Disclaimer: None of these are really options I am considering in case you were concerned.)

2 comments:

APN said...

It should read: "BFF's 4EVR!"

Anonymous said...

Just don't attempt the 'till death do us part' thing. I saw the movie. That can turn out badly.