Friday, May 2, 2008

How to be Stressed...ish

In my mom's experience as a wedding planner, the last 3 months before the wedding are the craziest. She warned me of this phenomenon, especially just after we were engaged and I thought planning our wedding was the greatest thing ever. It's still the greatest thing ever, but the life stress of all these changes is pretty intense.

Here's what we have going on:

1) FH graduates with his master's next week (hooray!).
2) I'm (sadly) leaving my job of 2 years in 2 weeks. My dissertation is not writing itself and I need to focus on it solely.
3) FH is looking for a job for next academic year and finishing his current job next week. Note that there will be a period of time when neither one of us has a job. Yikes.
4) We're looking for a place to live. Actually we found the perfect place, we're just waiting for final approval.
5) I'm moving in one month. Then I'm moving again in 2 months. And Eric's moving in 2 months. And finally after the wedding no one will move for a very long time.
6) Our small group is "multiplying". We are quite huge, so we are making more groups out of the large community group we have.
7) We are still, obviously, planning a wedding. Thankfully all the big stuff is done, it's just the little details and pulling everything together.

The funny thing is, I don't feel stressed most of the time b/c I'm so happy about my life. I do, however, have random breakdowns or get exhausted all of a sudden. Then I remember all that we have going on and remember that I'm stressed. :) But it's a good stress, a time of excitement and possibility and transformation that's weird and beautiful.

No comments: