Tuesday, January 15, 2008

How to Make Your Wedding Weight (Part 2)

So I thought I would give you guys a brief update on my progress towards my wedding weight. I haven't almost passed out since the first bike ride, so that looks like a good sign. In fact, I can now keep up with my FW (unless she is secretly taking it easy on me).

I am not a great dieter mostly because I never cook. However, I have been trying to avoid sugar and especially soft drinks. It is going pretty well. I am not completely cutting them out because I have tried before and failed, but the in moderation approach seems to be working fairly well. I also have actually been trying to eat out less, and so far so good, but school started today, so that might go out the window (I did bring my lunch today though).

The biking is going really well. I think it will stick because it is actually fun. I hate running and lifting weights and pretty much every exercise I have ever tried, but biking is fun because there is usually a destination. I know I could do the same with running or walking, but I hate running and walking is too slow. Plus, I do a lot of riding with my B2B, so that makes it even better.

Tonight I am starting Wholy Fit. It is a fitness class that my FW teaches that is kind of like a Christian alternative to yoga. I always thought yoga looked cool, so I am looking forward to this. Basically, this stuff better work, or I will be pretty hopeless. I don't think I have ever kept a resolution past January.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you, mostly because I also need to get off my fat rear end & find some form of physical activity that I enjoy. Now I just need to find a cheap bike....