Monday, October 22, 2007

How to Take Engagement Pictures

So yesterday, my FW and I took our engagement pictures. If you haven't been following the crazy planning checklist, let me recap. We have been engaged for one week, and we have already: booked a time and location for the ceremony and reception, begun creating a guest list, started looking for a location for the rehearsal dinner (as well as creating a preliminary guest list for that), taken engagement pictures, and one other big thing that I will let my fiancee tell you guys about (hint: I didn't participate in this part of the process). At this rate, we should have the whole thing planned by Thanksgiving.

Taking pictures was fun, but I started to get a little tired at the end. I smile all the time, but I can only pose for so long. My sister was our photographer, and she is awesome. Some of the pictures were really great. My favorite part was probably getting in the giant fountain at UH because I have wanted to do it ever since I first saw the thing. The bad part is that I ruined my cell phone by getting it wet, so I have to go buy a new one tomorrow. That's why I haven't called you back (even if you left a message two weeks ago, yeah that's the ticket).

Wow, I almost finished this post without discussing feminism. Well, here's something to ponder. In some of the pictures, I was carrying my FW (physically I mean, we all know she's the one that does the heavy lifting in the photogenic department). I think it would have been kind of cool if we had taken some pictures of her carrying me though, you know for the sake of gender equality.

No comments: