Wednesday, February 27, 2008

How To Register for Gifts


Admittedly, I love to shop. My FH well, doesn't. His idea of shopping includes a once per month visit to Target to buy a few things in every category so he doesn't have to go back. Granted, I know plenty of guys who quite enjoy shopping... my G2B just isn't one of them.

So when it came time to register for gifts, he got excited about it for two reasons. One, we're going through the I Do Foundation, a fantastic program. They partner with stores to give a percentage of your purchase to the charity of our choice. For example, if you buy us a $100 gift at Target, Target gives $5 to Living Waters International. They simply request that our guests go through their website so they can track purchases. The I Do Foundation also has a charity registry, so friends and family can donate directly to the charity. (Really, it's more important that kids have clean drinking water than we get that all important spoon rest.)

Second, my fiance was very excited about using the scanner gun. Of course, he had to erase things quite a bit because I often changed my mind when I saw something I liked better. It's been a little harder to be egalitarian when it comes to shopping... I think we're doing ok in considering one another's opinions and tastes, but there are some things that just matter to me more, and that's alright. We picked a blue and brown shower curtain, so he proceeded to choose a bunch of random blue and brown accents for the bathroom that didn't match at all. They were the wrong shade or texture or just didn't go. He said he's willing to admit that perhaps I have a little more expertise in this area. In no time, I'm sure he'll be a pro at the color wheel and home diy. More shopping will probably help...

No comments: