Monday, November 5, 2007

How to Become a Feminist

So this past weekend, my FW and I traveled to Waco for my college homecoming. She got to meet some of my college friends (something to talk about in a later post), and she got to see a glimpse of a major part of my life. While we were there, one of my friends mentioned that I haven't yet talked about how my FW became a feminist. Well, that is a story she will have to tell you. However, since I have dedicated so much time to discussing how to become the boyfriend or fiance of a feminist, I figured I should talk about ways you too can become a real-life, honest-to-goodness feminist.

First, there are a variety of feminist training courses that are good places to begin. Among the most popular are: We Got the Vote - So NOW What?, Bra Burning for Beginners, Feminist Manifesto Writing, and Protesting Patriarchy.

Second, you must adopt feminist fashions. You can start by growing out your arm pit hair and cutting your hair short/shaving your head. I also advise buying some killer pantsuits, NOT pink.

Third, register with the national feminist database.

Fourth, attend a NOW meeting.

Fifth, convert at least one man into a house husband. Alternately, you can verbally assault five men that open doors for you, or you can go on a cooking and cleaning strike for forty days.

Sixth, vote for Hillary Clinton.

After these six steps, you will officially be a feminist stereotype. If you want to be a real feminist, you just have to believe that people are equal regardless of gender and should be treated as such. Really, that's all. You can still be a housewife, a secretary, or a waitress. Even men can join in on the fun.

Oh yeah, my FW would be upset if I didn't make this disclaimer. You do NOT have to vote for Hillary. Also, in case this isn't totally obvious, the opinions of this blogger are in no way indicative of actual feminist ideologies.

No comments: