Monday, November 19, 2007

How to "Save the Date" Environmentally

So it seems like everyone sends out Save the Date cards now, but I had never really even learned about this until a few years ago. For those of you who are in the dark like I was, a Save the Date is basically a pre-invitation to a wedding. It tells you when and where the wedding are months in advance, so you can mark your calendars and make travel arrangements. I will spare you a Save the Date rant (tempting as it is) because there are too many other things to talk about.

We decided that we want to be environmentally responsible about all this, so we are sending electronic Save the Dates. Unfortunately, a large number of my relatives have no Internet access even in the year 2007, so there will have to be some exceptions. Don't be offended if you don't get one in the mail; you are saving a tree. We are also currently trying to pick out 100% recycled wedding invitations. Also, don't be offended when yours doesn't come in two envelopes with tissue paper; we care more about trees than etiquette.

As an update to some previous posts, I have finally gotten a hold of all of my groomsmen. Sorry if you were crossing your fingers to fill that last spot. It's nothing personal. I also regret to inform you that I must now put my foot in my mouth. You really can stop reading now because what I am about to say is of no consequence. After all my bragging about my rocking immune system, I got sick on Saturday evening. It was nothing major. I am feeling better now, but my immune system did have a minor hiccup. It won't happen again... knock on wood.

No comments: