Tuesday, December 4, 2007

How to Celebrate

So I really want to thank everyone who made it out to the engagement party on Saturday. We were overwhelmed at the number of people that have shown their love and support. People drove in from Austin and Dallas, but even the people from Houston had to drive a good thirty minutes at least. Our hosts are glad that nothing was broken in a drunken rage, so kudos to everyone for that.

I have realized over the last couple of months how important friends and family are to the whole marriage thing. Your encouragement and advice (even if we don't follow it) have meant so much to us. We feel very blessed to have so many genuine supporters. It was a little overwhelming to see so many of you in one place this weekend. I didn't even get to talk to some of you guys.

For those of you who were there, you can see that one of our problems now is how to find a place to accommodate so many people because we are expecting quite a few for the wedding. We thought we had worked all of that out, but we ran into a bit of a problem with the wedding venue. We will keep you updated as we try to work that out. In my opinion, it is a great problem to have because it means we are getting a lot of love. So here's to all of you who make this process even more amazing.

1 comment:

APN said...

"Our hosts are glad that nothing was broken in a drunken rage, so kudos to everyone for that."

Seriously folks! I only brought half a flask of bourbon with me & I shared it! There's no way I was going to break anything with that meager amount of hard liquor in me!

That being said -- Congrats once again on your engagement! July 2008 isn't that far away!