Monday, December 31, 2007

How to Reach Your Wedding Weight

So apparently a lot of brides go to great lengths to reach their "wedding weight," but I don't understand why they should have all of the fun. Since people tend to make New Year's Resolutions, mine is to reach my wedding weight. I won't tell you what weight that is or how much I have to lose to reach it though.

In fact, I love telling people that I am trying to lose weight even though I am not doing anything remotely close to it. It just sounds like a good thing to be doing, so even if I don't lose a pound, it is kind of fun to tell people that I am trying to make my wedding weight. It sounds like I am goal-driven and self-disciplined.

One thing that may actually help me to reach my goal is the bike I got for Christmas. My neighborhood is perfect for biking, and now my FW and I can bike everywhere. The bad part about this is that she is in much better shape than me, so I have had a hard time keeping up over the last week. In fact, after our first ride together, I almost passed out. I know it sounds really pathetic. I could list several excuses for why this happened, but it wouldn't really save me any embarrassment. Let's just say I'm not Lance Armstrong (of course, our ride wasn't exactly the Tour de France either, but there was a part where I had to go up a one inch slope).

No comments: